While there are a plethora of errands and chores to do after closing on a home, here are some ideas to help you get started. While some of them may sound like no-brainers, others may have slipped your mind.
To make this list more comprehensive, feel free to suggest your idea(s) by filling out the form at the bottom.
- Change the locks
- Change the garage door opener codes
- Pay your mortgage on time
- Keep copies of closing documents to refer to when it comes time to sell or refinance the home
- Be aware they will be receiving junk mail now that they are homeowners
- File mortgage exemption forms
- Get an energy audit done on the home
- Change washing machine hoses